Correctional Nurse - H93042
Correctional Nurse - H93042
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691005 - Pampa Jordan Unit
Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Complies with relevant laws, regulatory requirements, university polices and procedures and
- department rules and regulations. Completes required training by established deadlines.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of TTUHSC information/data.
- Self-starter and self motivated. Displays drive and energy in accomplishing tasks. Display
- enthusiasm for learning and improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Texas Board of Nursing Rules and
- Regulations, as well as applicable federal, state, and accreditation organization requirements and
- standards. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to population served.
- Attends applicable nursing and continuing education programs.
- Implements measure to promote quality and a safe environment of patients, self, and others.
Minimum Hire Rate
Will discuss during interview
Experience in a correctional setting preferred.
One year of experience in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Pampa Jordan Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: Current RN License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt.
Experience: No experience required.?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 477119