Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691004 - Lamesa Smith Unit
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
- Administers medications and document as ordered
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes.
- Prepared and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Adheres to facility policy and procedure of medication administration
- Reports unusual occurrences (reactions, behaviors, refusals) to Registered Nurse
- Performs support activities. Ensures drug room security, replaces facility medication, stocks and maintains the upkeep of the drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Returns outdated medication to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated.
- Generates print passes.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
Will discuss in interview
Experience in a prison setting preferred.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Lamesa Smith Unit
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
* Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas
or ability to transfer license to Texas.
* Current CPR
* Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program