Correctional LVN - TC - H95032
Correctional LVN - TC - H95032
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691015 - Montford Trusty Camp
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
* Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
* Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
* Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
* Register and assist RN or Charge Nurse with triaging all patients to determine the level of acuity or priority of care.
* Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
* Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
* Assist with coordinating the Primary Care Clinic daily schedule.
* This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
One year of experience in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting. Basic computer skills.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Montford Trusty Camp
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. * Current CPR certification Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program Experience: * None