Correctional LVN- Medical
Correctional LVN- Medical
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691001 - Amarillo Clements Unit
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/ outcomes.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Administer or assist with the administration and documentation of medications.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
as discussed in interview
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Amarillo Clements Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Current CPR certification. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- PN) on the first attempt.
Experience: None required.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.