Correctional LVN H95767
Correctional LVN H95767
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
- Administers medications and document as ordered Adheres to facility policy and procedure of medication administration
- Reports data, identifies and reports alteration in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes.
- Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Performs support activities. Ensures drug room security, replaces facility medication, stocks and maintains the upkeep of the drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Returns outdated medication to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Assist in admissions, discharges and transfers. Generates print passes.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
Will Discuss during interview
Experience in a correctional facility is preferred.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Amarillo Clements Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. * Current CPR certification Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program Experience: * None
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 413804