Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
* Organizes data concerning patient's family, medical history, and onset of symptoms obtained from patient, relatives, and other sources such as Correctional Nurse and Correctional Social Workers. * Examines or refer patient to determine general physical condition. * Orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained. * Determines nature and extent of mental disorder, and formulates treatment program. * Treats or directs treatment of patient, utilizing variety of psychotherapeutic methods and medications. * This job has potential supervisory responsibilities for physician extenders. * Also supervises multi-specialty treatment team.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
2-4 years experience preferred in a clinical setting.
Approved Residency training in Psychiatry and Board Eligible/Board Certified in Psychiatry
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Montford Unit
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Examines offender/patients to determine general mental health and prescribes treatment in conjunction with treatment teams' input and administers medication as needed.
- Inspects, completes, and analyzes records, assigns, reviews and updates classification, completes admission notes, progress notes, and discharge summaries and makes rounds on patients admitted.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Conducts Tele-psychiatry clinics as needed.
- Takes regional and in-house call on rotation basis.
- Assists the regional physician for psychiatry with risk management tasks as assigned.
- Performs as a responsible and cooperative team member. Adheres to institutional standards of ethics and professional conduct. On time for appointments and meetings. Considerate of work space and time of other staff. Maintains confidences regarding personal lives of colleagues. Maintains a responsible, task-oriented demeanor on the job. Communicates with others in a respectful, courteous manner. Adheres to dress code. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of Web leave Reporting. Responsible for accurately monitoring own leave with supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education/Experience:+ Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) or equivalent plus 3 years related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience.+License/Certifications:+ * State Medical license * Drug Enforcement Agency * Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 410401