Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691501 - Psych Montford Unit
Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Provides professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate/patients. Insures that appropriate mental health care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion, regardless of segregation status. Renders judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit according to TTUHSC Correctional Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and Procedures, and National Commission on Correctional Health Care Standards. Works under general direction of the Unit Medical Director, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Examines Inmates/patients to determine general mental health and prescribes treatment in conjunction with treatment teams' input and administers medication as needed.
- Inspects, completes, and analyzes records, assigns, reviews and updates classification, completes admission notes, progress notes, and discharge summaries and makes rounds on patients admitted.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Conducts Telepsychiatry clinics as needed.
- Takes regional and inhouse call on rotation basis.
- Assists the Regional Director of Behavioral Health Services for psychiatry with risk management tasks as assigned.
- Mid Level Provider Clinical Consultation - available to provide clinical guidance on diagnostic, treatment or other clinical questions that may arise.
- Involuntary Inpatient Psychiatric Admission Evaluations as needed.
- Civil commitment assessments and coordination as needed.
- Clinical capacity assessments as needed.
- Clinical oversight and participation in compelled medication process and assessments.
- Clinical oversight of clinical activities in accordance with unit treatment program clinical guidelines.
- Clinical consultation over items impacting daily clinical operations as needed.
- Mid-level TMB supervision assignment (primary or secondary as directed by Director of Behavioral Health Services)
- Coordinate onsite clinical clerkship for residents and PA students in the absence of the Clinical Director.
Minimum Hire Rate
Negotiable Based on Experience
2-4 years experience preferred in an inpatient Psychiatric setting and/or correctional setting
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Montford Unit
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education/Experience:+ Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) or equivalent plus 3 years related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience.+License/Certifications:+ * State Medical license * Drug Enforcement Agency * Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates