Corr Medication Aide
Corr Medication Aide
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691501 - Psych Montford Unit
This position assists in the overall operation of the unit medication room and distributes client’s medications from filled prescriptions.
- Distributes and documents Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) inmates’ medications.
- Ensures drug room security, replaces unit working drug stock and maintains the upkeep of drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Enters medication compliance in the TDCJ pharmacy computer system and performs all duties within the limits of the Medication Aide Permit and according to NCCHC standards, TTUHSC and TDCJ policy and procedures.
- Returns outdated medical to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated.
- Generates Print passes.
- Reports unusual occurrences (reactions, behaviors, refusals) to Registered Nurse.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
as discussed in interview
As requested by the supervisor.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Montford Unit
Professional License or Certification
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Passage of State Medication Aide exam OR Current LVN license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. Education: * A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a required certified medication aide training course Experience: * None
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.