Corr Medication Aide - Ward
Corr Medication Aide - Ward
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691202 - RMF - Ward
This position assists in the overall operation of the unit medication room and distributes client’s medications from filled prescriptions.
- Distributes and documents Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) inmates’ medications.
- Ensures drug room security, replaces unit working drug stock and maintains the upkeep of drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Enters medication compliance in the TDCJ pharmacy computer system and performs all duties within the limits of the Medication Aide Permit and according to NCCHC standards, TTUHSC and TDCJ policy and procedures.
- Administer medications: Administers medications as ordered , adheres to facility policy and procedure of medication administration.
- Compares blister packs with print pass for accuracy and reports discrepancies to Charge Nurse and TCPN.
- Knowledge of medications administration: Maintains knowledge of appropriate dosages, reactions and contraindications of medications and use of drug references.
- Performs support activities: Ensures drug room security, replaces facility medication stocks and maintains the upkeep of the drug room and pharmaceutical equipment. Returns outdated medication to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated . Generates print passes.
- Performs technical duties in the field of patient care and assist professional staff: Obtains and records vital signs and weights and reports any abnormalities. Performs EKG’s, finger sticks for blood sugar levels. Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care.
- Reports unusual occurrences (reactions, behaviors, refusals) to TPCN/Charge Nurse.
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - Ward
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Passage of State Medication Aide exam OR Current LVN license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. Education: * A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a required certified medication aide training course Experience: * None