Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of the Abilene School of Nursing Administrative and/or Student Affairs Offices. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
Up to 25%
- Supports the ServicePlus philosophy of Texas Tech
- Interpret TTUHSC and School of Nursing policies and procedures for faculty, staff and students
- Assist Student Affairs Coordinator and Executive Associate to the Dean with projects as needed
- Assist in recruitment and advising of prospective students.
- Work with Student Affairs Coordinator and community members to set up and orchestrate four new student orientations during the year
- Work with Student Affairs Coordinator and Lubbock SON to set up prospective student interviews, mock interviews, drug screenings, and immunization clinics
- Coordinate student "Lunch and Learns" with Lubbock - ensuring correct location, Tech link, and lunch for all students and faculty involved
- Work with student organizations to help set up meetings and events
- Cross-train with Faculty Coordinator to cover that position in times of absence
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Hire Rate
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- One year prior experience in higher education/student affairs. Knowledge of MS Office Software including MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Job-related education may substitute for part of the required experience.
- Ability to exercise judgment in the handling of confidential material, establish priorities, work independently and handle multiple tasks at once. Ability to type 40 wpm. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Knowledge of general office practices and methods.
HSC - Abilene
SON Admin Abi
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414166