Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512601 - Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
Up to 25%
Screen Patients: Interview patients and document ocular and medical histories, demographic data.
Assist the provider or other technicians during patient Insert & Removal (I&R) training, for contact lens patients.
Sell and order contact lens to patients according to process.
Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to the CTLs.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume fast paced clinic
Maintain a customer service oriented attitude and disposition at all times
Minimum Hire Rate
May require to traveling to off site locations
- One year experience working in an ophthalmic or optometry setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of ocular diseases and systemic diseases affecting the eye.
- Knowledge of basic eye care and hygienic methods and practices involving the treatment of the
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
HSC - Lubbock
Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Office and Admn Wkrs All Other
- Prepare and clean procedure and exam rooms; inventory equipment and supplies; replenish supplies and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?