Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351604 - SON Lbk Genl
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
Up to 25%
- Supports the Value-Based Culture of TTUHSC
- Responsible for management of Slate CRM for the Traditional Undergraduate Program
- Plans, directs, and coordinates operations and procedures to meet the Traditional Undergraduate Program's goals and objectives
- Serves as a Traditional Undergraduate Program representative with IT for discussions of Slate and other issues related to admissions
- Works in partnership with faculty on the design of the interview sessions and the admissions scoring process accordingly
- Attend meetings with faculty and staff on the undergraduate admission process when appropriate
- Develop, maintain and distribute all admission and denial letters per instructions from admissions committee - admissions cycles of three times per year
- Provide Outreach and Application Support
- Develop and maintain desk manual with specific written procedures regarding process necessary for meeting the expectations of the position
- Provide information and guidance to prospective student specific to necessary core course work and prerequisites necessary for admission to the graduate programs. Works in the development of websites to ensure accuracy of information as well as the adherence to the admission policy for all graduate programs
- Participate as a part of the Student Affairs team in planning and decision making of the division and serve as the facilitator of any meeting regarding advising and admissions when appropriate
- Create a welcoming and positive environment for students, staff, and faculty to ensure the interaction is a satisfying experience
- Assist as necessary with program events including orientation, graduation, and open houses
- All other duties as assigned by the Managing Director for Admission and Student Affairs
- Knowledgeable on all TTUHSC and SON policies related to admissions
- Coordinates daily work flow and promotes communication between other admissions processing units to ensure documents enter workflow in a timely manner and meet Admissions deadlines
Minimum Hire Rate
Bachelor's degree or five years or more of equivalent work experience.
HSC - Lubbock
SON Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Office and Admn Wkrs All Other
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?