Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512601 - Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
* Guides the patient through the surgery scheduling process, answers patient questions and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed.
* Knowledge of managed care programs and other carriers.
* Ensures accurate, complete, and timely surgery coordination with UMC for all physician/healthcare providers assigned.* Verifies insurance coverage and benefits.
* Obtains precertifications/preauthorizations as needed.
* Maintains registration information on patient population; demographics and insurance.
* Communicates with other practices or insurance carriers regarding patient referrals.
* Obtains and processes referral and pre-certification forms per plan requirements.
* Attend CEU and conferences to update managed care knowledge
* Coverage of co-workers' duties as needed.
* Create, communicate and maintain protocols for tasks in assigned area of oversight. Ensure processes are efficient.
Minimum Hire Rate
M-F 8am to 5pm
* At least two (2) years of managed care experience that includes surgery pre-certification experience.
* Experience with EMR and Practice Management software
HSC - Lubbock
Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Other special projects as assigned.
* Listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from Spanish to English for patients in the clinic.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?