Clinical Research Coordinator
Clinical Research Coordinator
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
271021 - TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute
Coordinates daily operations of clinical research studies in assigned department(s). This includes but is not limited to overall clinic conduct, marketing, and data management of all clinical research activities in assigned department(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training new employees; assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and dangerous bodily fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Approximately 5-15% travel (often long-distance) is required.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
Up to 25%
1. Develop and maintain relationships with faculty members interested in or currently conducting clinical research
2. Develop and maintain relationships with assigned pharmaceutical, medical device, and other medical manufacturers considering clinical trials.
3. Actively market the Clinical Research Institute
4. Facilitate IRB application and submission via iRIS system.
5. Facilitate ongoing and timely communication with the IRB via iRIS system
6. Recruit and enroll human subject while protecting subjects and subjects’ rights.
7. Maintain Study files/documents on all assigned studies
8. Facilitates data quality and integrity
9. Assist with development and management of research study budget.
10. Assist faculty/staff with development of research protocols.
11. Assist with clinical research education and training of volunteers, students, new employees.
12. Attend affiliated clinical research meetings and professional meetings where research and compliance training may occur.
13. Obtain SoCRA (CCRP) or ACRP (CCRC) certification when eligible.
14. Maintain CPR certification
15. Maintain IATA training/certification
16. Maintain required institutional training to be able to participate in Clinical Research activities (i.e. CITI and HIPAA research training)
17. Maintain Texas nursing or other healthcare provider licensure
18. Facilitates data quality and integrity
19. Participate in the Clinical Research call schedule rotation as needed.
20. Obtain and maintain appropriate credentialing approval from University Medical Center Medical Staff office.
21. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Hire Rate
Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing assignments according to the needs of the study or office. Multi-tasking is essential. Able to type and has a working knowledge of MS Office-specifically MS Word, MS Outlook.
Knowledge of procedures and medications relevant to clinical research trials; ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality; working knowledge of general office procedures, ability to make sound decisions. Strong organizational skills and ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment and take appropriate action when needed. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to follow and understand both treatment and non-treatment protocols; ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
HSC - Lubbock
TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Healthcare related training with current licensure/certification in their field .OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in the area of research being conducted.
Certified Clinical Research Professional as defined by The Society of Clinical Research Associates or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator as defined by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals.
Ability to obtain certification as a Clinical Research Professional/Coordinator within two years from date of hire or upon eligibility.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?