Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512201 - Family Med Dpt Lbk Genl
Employees in this classification provide patient care management to an assigned clinic in the areas of clerical and clinical duties. In clinical setting, the employee receives direct supervision from physician or nursing supervisor in either oral or written form. In office setting, the employee receives direct supervision from department administrator. Work is performed under usual office and clinic conditions. May be stressful when working under emergency conditions.
The Texas Tech Physicians Family Medicine Clinic is committed to providing high quality medical care for individuals of all ages. We are dedicated to providing an excellent training environment for Family Medicine Physicians of today and the future. Our clinic is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where the patient always comes first.
The Clinical Assistant will serve as a leader in providing excellent service to our patients by:
- Welcoming patients warmly with compassion
- Listening carefully to patient needs presented face to face or over the telephone and communicating clear and accurate information in response to all members of the health care team
- Working collaboratively with other health care team members to ensure patient needs are met and clinic operations are efficient
- Assisting nurse manager in ensuring all team members are meeting service standards and following department guidelines
- Identifying needs for improvement and opportunities to recognize excellence in the performance of all team members
- Taking and recording accurate vital signs and measurements as well as assisting with exams and procedures
- Participating in the identification of patients needs for referrals as well as implementing teaching plans for patients and their families in accordance with individual care plans.
- Managing refill requests and administering medications to patients following policies and procedures for medication management.
Minimum Hire Rate
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
In addition to the clinical nursing experience described above, we are also looking for Certified Medical Assistants that have experience in scribing for a provider. A scribe is a documentation assistant that records in "real time," facts and events that occur between a patient and a provider. The Clinical Assistant position will support timely completion of provider documentation of patient care by documenting physician dictated information pertaining to patient encounter in the electronic health record, including entering verbal orders for labs, medication, and referrals within the scope of practice for a Certified Medical Assistant. Additionally, the Clinical Assistant position will support quality of care by performing complete patient intake, including addressing preventative and health maintenance items, within the scope of practice for a Certified Medical Assistant.
HSC - Lubbock
Family Med Dpt Lbk Genl
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an approved certified program for assistants in the area of required specialty.
- Certification by an approved accredited certifying agency in the specialty that particular work will be performed.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?