Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
201401 - Human Resources Lbk
Performs specialized analytical duties in the operation and maintenance of assigned area. Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects. Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
2. Develops Cognos edits and reports for HR functional and departmental user ongoing use. Creates ad hoc reports for HR management and end users.
3. Develops Cognos Models to streamline report writing. Utilizes SQL to enhance Operational Data Store (ODS) views. Creates relational and dimensional models through the use of SQL and Framework Manager for ease of reporting.
4. Tests Cognos and ODS upgrades to ensure existing Cognos models, reports and edits are maintained.
5. Consults and collaborates with HR functional staff and TTU System IT and/or TTUHSC IT areas to develop new technologies to meet current and future business needs, e.g. testing, implementing, and maintaining web applications and mobile applications.
6. Stays abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including scripting, security issues, authoring tools, graphic design tools and new languages.
7. Coordinates Cognos HR functional security access for HSC Human Resources team members and other select HSC functional department 'Employment Verification' users.
8. This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM: Unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED: Exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY: Be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY: Nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE: Create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
4185.67 - 5760.00 per month, plus paid benefits
Monday - Friday
Cognos report writing experience with working knowledge of Banner Human Resources data.
HSC - Lubbock
Human Resources Lbk
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Assists with HRIS/Banner related functions as needed, e.g. patch/upgrade testing, multiple ID resolution, and Banner-related security maintenance.
Other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree required plus five years progressively responsible related experience. Coursework in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or other related area.
Strong background in reporting tools: COGNOS/Framework Manager strongly preferred with at least one additional reporting tool such as SQL Developer, MS Access, etc.
Knowledge and understanding of the following is strongly preferred:
- Oracle, Databases, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); working knowledge of Banner preferred.
- Ability to use software to generate metrics, dashboards and develop actionable recommendations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to gather user requirements, analyze these requirements, and propose solutions.
- Ability to take a proposed solution from a conceptual idea and design, develop and implement the solution for real world use.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- As a member of a functional department must have the ability to effectively communicate technical and nontechnical information to technical and nontechnical users.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?