Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
511211 - Clinical Transformation Lbk
Performs specialized analytical duties in the operation and maintenance of assigned area. Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for independent judgement in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
Up to 25%
The Chief Analyst is responsible for supporting the TTUHSC Electronic Health Record (EHR) Cerner applications. The Chief Analyst will work closely with end-users, Clinical Transformation, TTHUSC clinical departments and the UMC clinical IT team to understand functional business requirements, develop high quality workflows, and configure and customize Cerner content to support these needs.
Primary Job Duties:
- Understanding of clinical terminology
- Knowledge of ambulatory healthcare operations including referrals, scheduling, registration, check-in, insurance and patient billing operations, patient encounters, medical
- Experience using Microsoft (MS) Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of healthcare informatics
- Analysis, synthesis, and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing workload.
- Customer focused
- Problem solver
- Excellent telephone and in person communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
Minimum Hire Rate
mostly 8-5 m-f some weekends and some nights
Two or more years of EHR support/content development
A minimum of two years of experience with EHR configuration and customization with Cerner applications
HSC - Lubbock
Clinical Transformation Lbk
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
After-hours work required as necessary for code upgrades, etc.
Occasional travel to other TTUHSC and University Medical Center (UMC) locations is required
Additional travel as needed
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree required plus five years progressively responsible related experience.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?