CHC Regional Physician
CHC Regional Physician
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691506 - Psych Administration
Provides advance professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients. Coordinates the delivery of clinical health care within an administrative region of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Correctional Health System ensuring that the appropriate health care is accessible and provided in a timely fashion. Works under the administrative directions of the Chief of Professional Services with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral
Up to 50%
- Acts as the final psychiatric authority in matters of regional discussions.
- Responsible for the provision of the regional provider on call schedule. Acts as secondary back up in regional call complex.
- Teams with HR, EEOC, and other leaders to make wise personnel decisions.
- Assures the region’s compliance with external auditing standards, executive directives, administrative directives, access to care and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively 360 degree
- Performs all duties of a correctional psychiatrist.
- Acts as TTUHSC psychiatric representative at all Regional and Statewide Committee meetings as directed. Chairs such meetings as appointed.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Administrative oversight and monitoring of assigned employees.
- Supports the Service Plus philosophy of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
- Directs, coordinates and insure the provision of the full range of psychiatric care for assigned region.
- Serves as Mental Health Medical Director and delegates responsibilities and specific duties to appropriate personnel and assures that all duties delegated are performed.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
- Board Certification in Psychiatry.
- Must hold a current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of the Medical Examiners.
Working knowledge of managed care principles in a health facility to include personnel management, policy procedure development and implementation and demonstrated leadership and maturity commensurate to interfacing with multiple disciplines related to intra/inter-institutional matters.
Ability of organize complex work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and objectives. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive clinical issues, inquiries or complaints.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret most complex documents. Ability to prepare and present professional presentation/lectures and written materials. Good computer skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound clinical judgment, flexibility, multitask oriented, and conducts self in a professional manner.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Managed Health Care
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Health Care Professional
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Must hold a current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. Must hold current Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substances registration certificate.