Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Employees in this classification are responsible for professional nursing care. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the polices and procedures of the organization and practice setting. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of the total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients. Employees in this position generally assist the Director of Nurses in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for the Director of Nurses in their absence. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients and clinic personnel.
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and ensures all daily assignments are accomplished
- Communicates patient data using EHR to support decision-making to improve patient care
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EHR.
- Administer or assist with administration and documentation of medication
- Develop and insure nursing standards are met
- Respond to emergencies
- Maintain documentation and records
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings
- Facilitate the movement of patients in the unit as necessary
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of excel
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - Special Care Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N license to Texas. Current CPR certification.
- Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program.
- Two years of RN experience in a hospital, clinic, or community based setting.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 368559