Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691004 - Lamesa Smith Unit
Employees in this classification are responsible for professional nursing care. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the polices and procedures of the organization and practice setting. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of the total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients. Employees in this position generally assist the Director of Nurses in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for the Director of Nurses in their absence. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients and clinic personnel.
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and ensures all daily assignments are accomplished.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Administer or assist with administration and documentation of medication.
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Collects statistical data, prepares reports and maintains records.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Lamesa Smith Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N license to Texas. Current CPR certification. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * Two years of RN experience in a hospital, clinic, or community based setting.