Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Performs advanced, specialized work in the planning, conducting, and/or supervising of original research at TTUHSC. Responsible for participating in, planning, scheduling and/or supervising research projects and the interpretation of the results for publication. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
Up to 25%
* Assist faculty/staff with development of research protocols.
* Determine the most appropriate study design based on options for statistical analysis.
* Determine which statistical tests are most appropriate for proposed study design.
* Develop study documents.
* Provide data qualify assurance (QA) review.
* Perform statistical analyses for assigned studies.
* Assists with manuscript and presentation development.
* Develops/maintains policies on statistical procedures for the management and analysis of clinical research data.
* Develops and presents educational programs in biostatistics to investigators, students, and research staff on all HSC campuses.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hire Rate
* Degree in biostatistics.
* Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and healthcare databases.
* Experience with accessing large databases and analyzing the associated data a plus.
* Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate with investigators is extremely important.
HSC - Lubbock
TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or specialized academic training beyond the Bachelor's level in a particular field of science or engineering equivalent to a Doctoral degree. Two years research experience, knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources and standards thereof.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 415928