Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Administers and interprets a variety of tests, such as air and bone conduction, and speech reception and discrimination tests, to determine the type and degree of hearing impairment, site of damage, and effects on comprehension and speech. Diagnoses and treats speech and language problems, and engages in scientific study of human communication. Evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors.
- Schedule patients for evaluation and treatment and entering patient information into the computer system.
- Completing proper documentation, including evaluation, Audiology reports, and placement of an individualized plan of care with functional goals in the patient’s medical records within 24 hours of initial contact.
- Complete proper documentation including evaluation, Audiology report, precautions, contraindications, and placement of an individualized plan of care with functional goals in the patient’s medical record within 24 hours of initial contact. And completing daily documentation.
- Assess the needs of the patient by assessing and documenting the learning needs of the patient/caregiver and supply the appropriate instructions to the appropriate learner.
- Assess the need for adaptive equipment, attaining an order for it and demonstration use of the equipment.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide appropriate habilitative/rehabilitative intervention for the hearing impaired patient.
- Assess and recommend needs for other services and participating in the discharge process.
- Confer with the person(s) most closely associated with the active management of the patient and keeps them informed of any additional patient needs, treatment, modifications, and/or progress.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Requires a Master's degree in a related field and 0-2 years of experience. May be required to meet certain state licensing requirements. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414719