Asst Unit DON
Asst Unit DON
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691021 - Wichita Falls Allred Unit
Supervises and delegates nursing care to members of the health team. May perform nursing care based on staffing needs. Functions within legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates patient care services. Individual(s) in this position, generally assist Director of Nurses (DON) in their absence. Provides supervision and direction to subordinate nursing staff to ensure a safe, efficient, and professional environment.
- Monitors communication of patient data using Electronic Health Record to support decision-making for deliver of optimal patient care.
- Personally assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Ensures nursing staff are properly educated and supervised to perform job functions.
- Performs investigation of accidents/injuries and generates occcurrence reports for unexpected outcomes.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Wichita Falls Allred Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Health Care Professional
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: * Current RN license in the State of Texas or ability to obtain a Texas license. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * At least four years in nursing, with at least two of those years in a supervisory capacity.