Associate Professor - Hem/Onc
Associate Professor - Hem/Onc
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512301 - Internal Med Dept Lbk Genl
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Up to 25%
- Medical Oncology clinic duties seeing and treating patients with solid tumors focused on thoracic malignancy
- Clinical trial design and conduct of investigator initiated research in the areas of targeted therapeutics aimed at kinases and other enzymes mutated or over-expressed in solid tumors.
- Supervising and mentoring junior faculty and fellows in design and conduct of investigator initiated, industry and cooperative group clinical trials in lung and other solid tumors
- Participate in Lung Cancer Program of Excellence
- Outreach and communication with leadership in industry, cooperative groups as well as national and international oncology societies
- Minimum of 20 and maximum of 25% effort
- Serving as liaison with local and regional leaders of patient advocacy groups
- Supervising laboratory personnel in design and interpretation of experiments and in the preparation of manuscripts and grants that arise.
- Maintain compliance with all institutional, state and federal regulation governing clinical and laboratory research.
- Obtain and maintain all trainings, licenses and privileges required for clinical practice of oncology
- Maintain medical education and board certifications relevant to clinical duties
- Collegial, educational and professional interactions with all junior and senior members of the clinical, administrative, regulatory, and customers that interact with the faculty of the Division of Hematology and Oncology
- Compliance with all institutional requirements for trainings, professional conduct, conflicts of interests, and participation in required academic faculty activities.
- Appropriate communication and discussions with academic and administrative leadership regarding clinical, teaching and research endeavors.
- Participation in and compliance with reviews and evaluation of all aspects of fiduciary responsibilities to the Division, Department, School of Medicine and TTUHSC and TTU.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
National and International recognition and publication record suitable for appointment at an associate professor level is required. Other work experience that would be suitable for supervisory roles in translational clinical research is strongly preferred.
HSC - Lubbock
Internal Med Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
At least 10 years of clinical experience as a medical oncology practitioner, 5 years experience in design and/or conduct of clinical trials, 5 years experience with clinical development of pharmaceutical agents, and evidence of participation in academic/clinical/research interactions with industry or clinical trials organizations is required.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Are select agents used in this laboratory?