Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Up to 25%
* M.D. / D.O.
* Completion of an accredited Neurology program
* Board Certification in Neurology or successful completion of fellowship from an accredited program in the United States.
* Must have a Texas license or be board eligible for licensure in Texas
* Provides inpatient and outpatient adult neurology clinical services in the TTUHSC Neurology Outpatient clinic, to include consultation services that includes stroke evaluations
* Will have direct patient care and will be expected to consult with medical professionals
* Assist with Epilepsy Clinic and conducting other neurological patient care services to include diagnostic readings such as EEGs/EMGs
* Assist in the development of a stroke program
* Supervises resident clinics and participates in the overall teaching program for teaching and training of residents and medical students, to include presentation of lectures
* Participates in academic research and scholarly activities in the Department of Neurology
* Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
* Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations; adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
* Demonstrate professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine’s Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility.
Minimum Hire Rate
Call and consults included
* Bilingual (Spanish and English)
* Regional or emerging national recognition in the area of specialty, for consideration at the rank of Associate Professor
HSC - El Paso
Neurology Dept Elp Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As assigned by Chair of Neurology
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Does this position work in a research laboratory?