Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Provides patient care in Consultation Liaison, outpatient and/or inpatient psychiatric care services
- Supervise residents, medical students and fellows in clinic and Consultation Liaison settings
- Participates in the overall teaching program for fellows, residents and medical students
- Participates in research and scholarly activities
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations; adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Statement of Faculty Responsibility
Minimum Hire Rate
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Demonstrated track record in research and peer-reviewed publications for associate or higher rank
- Regionally or nationally recognized clinical expertise for associate professor or higher rank
- Board Certified in Psychosomatic Medicine
HSC - El Paso
Psychiatry Dept Elp Genl
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Per Chair's discretion
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity.
- Successful completion of ACGME-accredited residency program in psychiatry
- Board-certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Licensure or eligibility for medical licensure in Texas
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 352731