Administrative Business Asst
Administrative Business Asst
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Serves as the principal secretarial support to a department head. This classification is restricted for use in the office of a chairperson of a large academic department, a director of a large approved center or institute, a director of a budgeted large administrative department, or a higher-level administrative officer. Responsible for independently performing highly responsible and confidential clerical duties. May be required to supervise a clerical staff and/or assume considerable responsibility for office management. A thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures of the employing unit as well as a familiarity with overall University policy is necessary to conduct the assigned work. Performance evaluation is based on the coordination and accomplishment of office activities within established policies.
- Welcomes guests to the department, answers phones, takes messages, distributes mail, schedules meetings.
- Prepares material, obtain copies, coordinate meals, distribute evaluations, sign-in sheets, & handouts/flyers, room set up, etc. for meetings.
- Orders supplies for the department.
- Completes on-campus and off-campus errands, e.g. food order pick-ups, document deliveries, supplies pick-ups, etc.
- Schedules travel and accommodations for the department staff.
- Communicates with facilities for room reservations, and any other items needed for the department.
- Assists with processing procurement card purchases for meals, refreshments, etc. of various meetings and maintain charges in binder for audit purposes; assist with electronic and paper purchase orders.
- Orders office supplies.
- Responsible for purchase orders and payment of invoices.
- Coordinates meetings for department staff.
- Assist with preparation for annual events, i.e., New Resident Orientation, Resident Graduation ceremony, Match Day, and other events sponsored by GME, UME, and CME.
Minimum Hire Rate
8:00am - 5:00pm; may be asked to work very limited evening/weekend hours, 3-4 times a year.
Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or equivalent. Four years’ progressively responsible clerical experience, with one year supervisory experience. Additional education and/or related experience to equal four years may substitute on a year for year basis.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 387380